Running with Ed Relay Rules
- Five (5) runners maximum per team
- Runners can choose their legs; we recommend Runner #1 runs legs 1 & 7, Runner #2 runs 2 & 8, etc.
- One (1) vehicle per team maximum
- Vehicles will be assigned numbers required to park at start/finish and exchanges.
- Staggered start
- Team captains will receive email notification of start time
- Teams check-in one (1) hour prior to start time at Basin Recreation Field House
- Start and Finish Line at Newpark
- Family/Friends/Team can run last ¼ mile together to the Field House Finish line.
- No dogs are allowed
- After Runner #1 leaves starting area, the rest of the team leaves in their race vehicle to the first exchange at Jeremy Ranch Elementary School to wait for the first runner to come in.
- Only Runner #2 will be allowed to wait in the chute for Runner #1 to arrive.
- Runner #1 passes slap bracelet to Runner #2 in the chute at exchange #1. Runner #1 then joins the rest of the team and travels with them to meet Runner #2 at the next exchange.
- Repeat with remaining runners at their corresponding exchanges.
Our number one priority in this race is safety. There are many potential hazards in a race of this type including, but not limited to: automobile traffic, road and trail conditions, and weather. We ask that all teams please take appropriate precautions to insure a safe and fun event.
Please, no dogs at Running with Ed, or the Walk-a-Thon.
Team Captain To-Do List
-Register for your team online under the ‘Registration’ tab
-Find 4 fun team mates to run with
-Register at least One (1) enthusiastic volunteer, at least 16 yrs. or older
-Attend Captain’s Meeting
-Plan Team Meeting to:
- -Have runners choose legs
- -Create awesome team name
- -Plan vehicle decorations and/or team costumes
- -Share training schedules. Good training will help you enjoy this race and prevent injury. A training guide is available under the ‘Start Training! tab. As always, consult a doctor before beginning any exercise program.
- -Start Training!
- -Fundraise additional donations to receive special recognition.
- Teacher teams: Teams of five only; must have at least three teachers
- Student teams: Teams of five only; must have at least four K – 12 students
Registration for these types of teams may be done through the registration page, or contact Jennifer Billow at firstname.lastname@example.org/435-615-0235 x 2
The 4th annual Running with Ed (RWE) relay is May 18th, 2013. This 38-mile, 10 leg race traverses spectacular Park City, and gets you home in time to see the kids soccer game or catch a movie. The course offers everything from trail to pavement, challenging climbs to fast downhills, easy legs for beginners and tough ones for experts. Winding past Olympic venues, iconic landmarks, City Park, neighborhood schools, and historic Main Street, this is Park City’s best!