Running with Ed Relay Rules
- Typically, five (5) runners per team.
- Teams may have up to ten (10) runners. However, only teams of five are eligible for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place speed prizes.
- Runners can choose their legs; we recommend Runner #1 runs legs 1 & 6, Runner #2 runs 2 & 7, etc. Suggestions on splitting up the course are under the Course & Maps tab.
- One (1) vehicle per 5-person team.
- Vehicles will be assigned numbers required to park at start/finish and exchanges.
- Staggered start from 8:00 am – 10:30 am
- Team captains will receive email notification of start time
- Teams check-in 45 minutes prior to start time at Basin Recreation Field House
- Start and Finish Line at Basin Recreation Field House
- Family/Friends/Team can run last ¼ mile together to the Field House Finish line.
- No dogs are allowed
- No parking along the race route, no parking along the road at the McPolin Barn. Parking is only allowed in designated parking lots.
- After Runner #1 leaves starting area, the rest of the team leaves in their race vehicle to the first exchange at Jeremy Ranch Elementary School to wait for the first runner to come in.
- Only Runner #2 will be allowed to wait in the chute for Runner #1 to arrive.
- Runner #1 passes slap bracelet to Runner #2 in the chute at exchange #1. Runner #1 then joins the rest of the team and travels with them to meet Runner #2 at the next exchange.
- Repeat with remaining runners at their corresponding exchanges.
Our number one priority in this race is safety. There are many potential hazards in a race of this type including, but not limited to: automobile traffic, road and trail conditions, and weather. We ask that all teams please take appropriate precautions to insure a safe and fun event. It is imperative that vehicles follow the vehicle route only, not the race route.
Please, no dogs at Running with Ed
Team Captain To-Do List
-Register for your team online under the Register tab
-Find 4 fun team mates to run with
-Attend Captain’s Meeting on April 20th!
-Plan Team Meeting to:
- -Have runners choose legs; see splitting up the course suggestions under the Course & Maps tab.
- -Create awesome team name
- -Plan vehicle decorations and/or team costumes
- -Share training schedules. Good training will help you enjoy this race and prevent injury. A training guide will be available under the training tab. As always, consult a doctor before beginning any exercise program.
- -Start Training!
- -Fundraise additional donations to receive special recognition.
Special Teams – Only Teams of Five are Eligible for Speed Prizes
- Teacher teams: Teams of five; must have at least three teachers/school employees
- Student teams: Teams of five; must have at least five K – 12 students
Registration for these types of teams may be done through the registration page, or contact Wendy Kohn at email@example.com/435-615-0235 x 4
Larger teams are available for purchase, but only teams of five are eligible for speed prizes.
The 8th annual Running with Ed (RWE) relay is May 20th, 2017. This 38-mile, 10 leg race traverses spectacular Park City, and gets you home in time to have a playdate or a date night. The course offers everything from trail to pavement, challenging climbs to fast downhills, easy legs for beginners and tough ones for experts. Winding past Olympic venues, iconic landmarks, neighborhood schools, and historic Main Street, this is Park City’s best!