RWE FUNDRAISING FAQs – USING CROWDRISE
Running with Ed 2017 Fundraising
- Getting Started
- Go to crowdrise.com
- Log in using your email and password.
- In right-hand corner, look for your “personal icon” (either your name or photo). This photo is referred to as your “TEAM TILE” or “PROFILE PHOTO.” Click on this and choose your fundraising page (identified by your team name).
NOTE: If you participated in fundraising last year, you will see last year’s team, too. This is great because you can access your donor list from last year and email them easily. See #6 below for step-by-step instructions! For now, choose this year’s team page and continue setting it up.
- This should bring you directly to your team page. Information on personalizing the page is below.
- To return to your team page at any time, click on your “TEAM TILE” again.
- Please be sure to log out (option is under your “personal icon”) when you are finished working on your page.
- Personalizing your Team Page – including TEAM NAME CHANGES
Some changes can only be made by the Team Captain (see below). All individuals may personally change the photo on their Team Tile/Profile Photo.
Once logged in, you can easily edit the following on your team page, using the “Edit Fundraiser” tab:
- “Edit Basic Fundraiser Info”
- Change your “Fundraiser Title” a/k/a Team Name (Captain only)
- Change “About My Fundraiser” – This is your team description. Add team member names & encourage folks to donate to support your team & public education. You may need to extend the “Team” section to see this section.
- “Set Fundraising Goal” – Change team goal to $2,000 and aim for a FREE 2018 RWE Team! (Captain Only); Individuals can also set personal goals.
- “Upload Pics & Videos” – Upload a team photo! If you upload several photos, the first one will be the primary photo for your Team Page & the Leaderboard.
You can also change the photo used for your “TEAM TILE:”
- Click on your Team Tile and select “Edit Your Profile”
- Choose “Edit Profile”
- Click on “Change Profile Photo” & follow instructions
- Promoting Your Team’s Fundraising Page
- At any time, you can copy your team page URL link and paste it into personal emails you are sending out to friends & family (email sample in #4 below).
- Sharing your page on Facebook & Twitter: Click on the Facebook or Twitter icons (located in your Team Description) and follow the prompts.
- Before posting to Facebook, consider adding text in the “Say something about this” prompt. You may want to make it clear that the link you are sharing will take friends to your personal fundraising page.
- You can also use the prompts under “Manage Campaign.”
- Include you team page link on a signature block through your personal email account (sample in #5 below).
- Sample Email (Copy, Edit & Paste)
Race Day for “Running with Ed” is Saturday, May 20th & we would love your help meeting our $2,000 fundraising goal for the Park City Education Foundation (PCEF)! All donations – $5, $10, $20, $38 ($1/mile) are helpful & appreciated. Please visit my team’s fundraising page if you’d like to support us: (INSERT TEAM PAGE LINK)
PLEASE consider a tax-deductible donation (big or small) to the PCEF. It’s a wonderful organization!
(Sign your name and list team members)
- Sample Signature Block for your Emails
On May 20th, I’m RUNNING WITH ED!
Please support my team and the Park City Education Foundation. Click my team link below to learn more and make a donation. Thank you! (Insert Team Page Link)
- Easiest Way to Contact Last Year’s Donors
If you are a returning fundraiser, there is an easy way to email all of your past donors!
- While logged in to crowdrise.com, click on your “TEAM TILE” (upper right) and select last year’s fundraising page.
- Click on “Report Center”
- Select “Export Report”
- Look in your downloads for an Excel spreadsheet providing donor information. Now, just copy & paste the email list into the email you’ve written this year. Be sure to include THIS YEAR’S TEAM PAGE LINK!
- Offline Donations (Checks & Matching Grants)
Here’s how to record an offline donation, including checks.
- Click on either “Manage Teams” or “Manage Campaign” and look for the “Donation Toolkit” button. Click this and choose “Offline Donation Manager.” Complete the form. If you are entering as a Team Captain, be sure to assign the donation to the correct team member.
- Checks should be written to PCEF. Make sure your team name is on the memo line or otherwise noted.
- Deliver checks to the PCEF offices in PCHS or mail to: PCEF (RWE Donation) -PO Box 681422 – Park City, UT 84060. Checks may also be delivered during Swag Bag Pick Up. Call Heidi Donovan at PCEF (435-615-0235 x6) for information on corporate matching grant information. We’ll do the paperwork!
- To be considered for fundraising prize totals, all checks and matching grants must be received (not just mailed) by PCEF at or before Swag Bag Pick Up, which is from 5 – 7 pm on May 20th at Athletic Republic.
- Fundraising Thank You Notes
Formal thank you emails will be sent from PCEF to all donors; however, we encourage you to send quick personal email to donors as you receive donations.
Team Captains: Under “Manage Campaign,” all donors are listed. Just click on “Send Thank You.” Your list will include donations made to any team members. In your “Donation Toolkit” there is an option to “Thank all Donors.” This would be a great took to thank everyone again at the end of the race and include information about Race Day and your fundraising totals!
Team Members: Under “Manage Campaign,” donors are listed. Just click on “Send Thank You.” If the button is “Thank Again,” that means your Team Captain has sent a thank you – but you can send another! In your “Donation Toolkit” there is an option to “Thank all Donors.”
- Team Fundraising Stats
- Click on the RWE Icon in the top left of the page to see the “TEAM LEADERBOARD.” Be sure to click on “Show More Teams.”
- There will also be a link to the Team Leaderboard from the “Fundraising” tab on runningwithed.com.
- Weekly updates will be emailed out recognizing the top 5 teams.
- How Team Members Join Your Fundraising Team
There are actually a few ways team members can join the Team Page set up by the Team Captain. The Team Captain can use the “Manage Team” tab and “Invite Team Members.” Your team members can also follow these easy steps to join your team:
- Start at www.runningwithed.com. Under the “Fundraising” tab, select “Join Your Team Fundraising Page”
- Follow the link to the “Running with Ed” page on Crowdrise
- Click on the blue “Set Up or Join Your Team” button
- Choose “Join Team”
- Type in your team name (make sure you know it!)
- Select your team page
- You’ll either have to log in or register with crowdrise
- You’ve now joined the team! Be sure to click on the icon in the upper right so you can edit your profile and add a photo.
- General Race Information
- Go to runningwithed.com for race information.
- Like “Running with Ed” on Facebook for updates.
- Packet pick-up will be Friday, May 19th at Athletic Republic 5 – 7 pm.
- Every team member must complete two waivers (RWE & Vail). The RWE waiver was completed online. The Vail Waivers may be turned in at Swag Bag Pick-up (5/19) or on Race Day. Alternatively, they can be mailed to PCEF.
- Please pick up your fundraising prizes on race day!
- PCEF Information to Share
- PCEF will donate over $1,000,000 to our public schools this year.
- A list of awarded grants is on the PCEF website at pcef4kids.org. Click on “Investment in Education” for more information.
- In 2016, Running for Ed Team Fundraising raised over $120,000.
- In 2016, Running for Ed events raised over $260,000 for PCEF. (This includes sponsorships, the relay race & team fundraising.)
- Our team fundraising goal for 2017 is $123,000.
The 8th annual Running with Ed (RWE) relay is May 20th, 2017. This 38-mile, 10 leg race traverses spectacular Park City, and gets you home in time to have a playdate or a date night. The course offers everything from trail to pavement, challenging climbs to fast downhills, easy legs for beginners and tough ones for experts. Winding past Olympic venues, iconic landmarks, neighborhood schools, and historic Main Street, this is Park City’s best!